Finding the right property is just one step in the journey to owning your first home. At Made For You Finance we’ll be with you throughout the home buying process.
1. Begin your home loan application
Start collecting all the relevant documents to apply for a pre-approval. Made For You Finance can guide you in collecting what you need.
2. Start house hunting
Here are some things you to check when looking for a property:
• Condition of the property: this includes the roof and its insulation. See whether neighbouring properties are in good condition and check for damp patches and cracks inside.
• Location: for example, is the property close to transport, schools, shops and restaurants.
• Suburb value: Is the suburb you are looking to buy in growing in value?
• Development: Check with the local council to see if any developments are planned for the area.
3. Make an offer
Before making an offer you should consider:
• Obtaining a copy of the contract of sale
• Getting your solicitor or conveyancer to review the contract of sale
4. Before property settlement
Before your property settles, you should look to:
• Lock-in your finance.
• Conduct your property inspections, such as building and pest or strata.
• Organise your conveyancing.
• Do a pre-settlement inspection. You are entitled to inspect the property before settlement to check it is still in the same condition as when it was sold (except for reasonable wear and tear).
Congratulations, you made it! Now it’s time to celebrate and enjoy your new home.
6. Reviewing your loan
A home loan is a long term commitment. To make sure you are getting the best deal throughout the life of your loan contact Made For You Finance about a year after your property settles. We would be happy to do a free review of your home loan.
Our 4 simple steps to make your life easier
Get in touch for a free assessment at a time and place that suits you
We'll find the best solution for you
We'll assist with all the paperwork
Relax while we take care of the application process